adopting by the General Shareholders Meeting of a resolution authorising the Management Board to acquire 5% of own shares for redemption




transfer of rigid food laminates production from Gallin to Berlin


  • the launch of the second line for the production of PET tapes (Greenstrap) in Oława
  • the launch of a new line for flexographic print in Nowy Sącz

the relocation of the production of thermo-shrink PVC films from Oława to Wąbrzeźno




The Company returned to the name Ergis S.A., and the abbreviated name, under which the Company’s shares have been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange, has been changed to EGS

Establishing ELSA in Oława plant - Ergis Load Stability Academy, which enables testing the stability of loads on pallets

The launch of the second line for the production of nanoERGIS® films at the Oława Plant.


Fulfilment of the condition precedent to the transaction of repurchase of shares in Finergis Sp. z o.o.Tadeusz Nowicki and Marek Górski take indirect control over a package of 37.38% of shares in Ergis-Eurofilms S.A.;




Relocation from Berlin to Wąbrzeźno and launch of a new PVC, PVC/PE film production line (link);



Acquisition of a majority stake in CS Recycling Sp. z o.o. whose business is the recycling of plastics;


  • Relocation of the PET rigid film production line from Berlin to Wąbrzeźno;
  • Creation of Rigid Films Division which includes:MKF-Ergis Sp. z o.o., MKF-Ergis GmbH and Schimanski-Ergis GmbH;
  • Disposal of shares in Tapety Ergis Sp. z o.o.;
  • Launch of the production line for  nanoERGIS® films at the Oława Plant, which is the first plant of this type in Europe;
  • Modernisation of lamination section at Flexergis – new line for solvent free lamination of packaging films;
  • Flexergis – implementation of HACCP standards and the certification of Food Safety Management System compliant with ISO 22000;
  • Obtaining the certificate BRC by MKF-Ergis Sp. z o.o.


Relocation and start of the PVC rigid film and PVC/PE laminates production lines from Berlin to Wąbrzeźno (to the newly built halls);


Incorporation of MKF-Ergis Sp. z o.o., construction of new production halls;


  • Completion of the extension of the Flexergis production plant, launch of a new line for flexographic print;
  • Obtaining the certificate BRC / IOP by MKF-Folien GmbH


  • Takeover of Flexergis Sp. z o.o. – a leader in the production of printed flexible packaging for food purposes;
  • Merger of ERGIS S.A. and Eurofilms S.A. under the name of Ergis-Eurofilms S.A.;
  • Takeover of MKF-Folien GmbH (producer of rigid films and PVC, PVC/PE and PET laminates); and
  • Takeover of Schimanski GmbH (producer of rigid laminates for food purposes);


  • EUROFILMS S.A.'s debut on the Warsaw Stock Exchange;
  • Launch of the third stretch film production line in Oława;


ERGIS and EUROFILMS POLSKA GRUPA ERGIS S.A. obtain ISO 14001: 2004 Integrated Quality Management System certificate; renewal of ERGIS’ ISO 9001:2000 certificates;


  • Merger of Tapety Gnaszyn S.A., Delpak Sp. z o.o. and Eurofilms Sp. z o.o.; formation, as a result of the merger, of a new company under the name EUROFILMS POLSKA GRUPA ERGIS S.A.;
  • Modernisation of the calander for the manufacturing of PVC rigid films, one of this type in Poland, and its relocation from Wojciechów to Wąbrzeźno;


  • Taking control over the ERGIS Group by Finergis Sp. z o.o. – company created with participation of DBG EE Fund and Tadeusz Nowicki, President of the Management Board, and Marek Górski, Chairman of the Supervisory Board;
  • Launch of the second PE stretch film production line;


Ergis takeover of control over Tapety Gnaszyn S.A.;


  • Obtaining the ISO 9002:1004 and the ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certificates (September 2003),
  • Changes in the Company’s share capital: Ergis S.A. acquires 76% of shares, Eurofilms Extrusion acquires 24% of shares;


  • Establishment of Eurofilms Polska Grupa Ergis Sp. z o.o. as part of joint venture with Eurofilms Extrusion Ltd and its subsequent incorporation into the Ergis Group;
  • Launch of the first PE stretch film production line in Oława;


  • Merger of ZTS Erg Wąbrzeźno S.A., ZTS Erg-Oława S.A., and Cefol-Erg S.A.;


  • Tadeusz Nowicki becomes the President of the Management Board of ZTS Erg-Wąbrzeźno S.A.;
  • Establishment of the Ergis Group as a result of restructuring ZTS Erg Wąbrzeźno and the takeover of Schüpbach–Erg Sp. z o.o. and Delpak Sp. z o.o.
  • ZTS ERG Wąbrzeźno S.A. changes its name to ERGIS S.A.;


Beginning of privatisation process;In 1994, Narodowy Fundusz Inwestycyjny (National Investment Fund) “Victoria” gains control over the Company;


Beginning of the production of printed films in Wąbrzeźno;


Launch of PVC film production;


Creation of a company operating under the name Pomorskie Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych; after some time, the name is changed to Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych Erg-Wąbrzeźno (ZTS Erg);


The establishment of a factory of felt products in Wąbrzeźno, and its subsequent takeover by a company named Pe-Pe-Ge in 1926.

More history

On 8 March 1922, the hat production company Pomorska Fabryka Kapeluszy Towarzystwo Akcyjne was established in Wąbrzeźno.Its main shareholders were the municipality of Wąbrzeźno and Polski Bank Handlowy T.A. in Poznań.The municipality of Wąbrzeźno was granted a guarantee by the Minister of State Treasury enabling it to take out a loan of DM 20 million to help finance the construction of the company’s factory, while Polski Bank Handlowy T.A. contributed equipment worth DM 40 million.The company’s share capital amounted to DM 120 million, divided into 120,000 shares.

A four-storey building was quickly erected and hat production was commenced, a steam engine providing power for the entire factory’s machinery.However, the company soon encountered financial problems and difficulties in acquiring raw materials.On top of that, late deliveries hampered sales of finished products and led to the company losing customers to its competitors.

In 1926, the factory’s shareholders agreed to sell it to Polski Przemysł Gumowy Pe-Pe-Ge from Grudziądz.On 3 September 1928, the Governor of the Pomorskie Province approved a project to set up a rubber products factory in the former building of Pomorska Fabryka Kapeluszy.

Work was commenced on converting the building.The President of the company was Samuel Halperin, while Stanisław Blichniarz was the manager of the Wąbrzeźno branch.Initially, the factory produced water-resistant coats.However, thanks to a contribution made by one of the its co-owners, a French rubber manufacturer, it was able to purchase modern machinery and substantially extend its product range to include rubber coats, materials for gas masks, synthetic leathers, rubber footwear, synthetic suede, clothing for miners, rubber tricot, and water-resistant wallpaper.

The company originally planned to employ a workforce of around 500, with an initial intake of 220 employees in July 1928. However, in the winter season of 1928/1929, the number of people employed in the factory was increased to 600.On 18 January 1929, the installation of a petrol tank manufactured by the Gdańsk shipyard was completed.Subsequent investments included building a factory boiler for vulcanisation and laying new water pipelines.Unfortunately, the economic crisis in Poland prevented the company from further development.

In 1931, Polski Przemysł Gumowy was declared bankrupt, and in 1936 the insolvency administrator of Pe-Pe-Ge Polski Przemysł Gumowy S.A. began to sell off its machinery and equipment by compulsory auction.From 1932 to 1939, the company did not conduct any business activities and the factory building stood empty.

Following the German army’s invasion of Wąbrzeźno in September 1939, the German authorities used the building as a prison for detaining and torturing political prisoners from Wąbrzeźno and the surrounding area.In the later years of the German occupation, it was used to produce parts for aircraft and submarines.Additionally, watches were produced, which was continued until January 1945.

When the town was liberated, the factory was taken over by the tobacco company Polski Monopol Tytoniowy, which used it for fermenting tobacco.This continued until March 1950. A month later, refurbishment work was commenced for the purpose of creating a new company.Pomorskie Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych, which specialised in the processing of polyvinyl chloride and the production of soft PVC film for use in the construction and office and stationery industries, was officially opened on 10 October 1950.

In 1975, the company changed its name to ZTS ERG Wąbrzeźno and started up production lines for vinyl wallpaper.Ten years later, it expanded its product range to include paper wallpapers.In 1994-1995, the company signed up to the General Privatisation Programme and acquired a new main shareholder: the Fifth National Investment Fund “VICTORIA”.In April 1998, it changed its name to ERGIS S.A.